Thursday, September 20, 2012

Metting New Friends


           First day of college. I was as nervous as can be, I was actually sweating and I hadn’t even walked or moved a muscle yet. I wasn’t too nervous because knew one of my friends from high school was going to be there with me. Though I knew it wasn’t always going to be me and he so I knew had to start meeting new people.
            Unexpectedly my teacher said to move seats with someone you did not know. I sat next to a guy named Cris and we started talking getting to know each other. I realized I had a new friend in the class. For the next days this is all we were doing, I met another old friend from the high school and met new friends like Mac, Aldrich, and Sanchez. Now it seems like every Friday we hang out and play a sport most likely basketball. The new groups of friends that I hang out with call us the ratchets. It all started with two people calling each other and now all of us call each other that.
            I didn’t just meet new friends that were guys I also met friends that are females. One in particular helps me out after English class at the library. I appreciate she takes the time to help me out when I do need it a lot. If it wasn’t for her I wouldn’t know about HW that we had or even done it in time instead of doing it the night before it’s due. This blog post is actually an assignment for a class and I’m doing it the night before, while she helps me out via face book chat. 

3 comments:

  1. First day of College is scary. Not knowing what to expect or what your looking forward to. Its like walking into someones house who you never even met before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I can relate to this cuz. I didn't know who I was ganna meet and what to expect walking in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello. I agree with your situation of being nervous the first day of school because of the fact that you do feel alone. But when you get to the second or third week of school everything flows in the class room and its not as awkward. This entry reminded me of my first class on the first day in college. I didnt know anyone because most of my friends were going to grossmont or mesa. but like in any class on the first day the teacher does some "ice breaker" activitys to get to know one each other. So I met this guy that apperently knew everyone that I play soccer with because he use to play on the same club as I do now. So that just had us talking and till this day we hangout and got classes together this semester. but really good blog and keep up the good work I like your blogs I got the chance to read your other blogs. good job.

    ReplyDelete